HARRISBURG – To highlight the importance of financial education for Pennsylvania’s students, Sen. Chris Gebhard (R-48) is partnering with FinEd50, a coalition founded by the Council for Economic Education and Visa, to host a financial football game with professional football players and a panel discussion on Tuesday, Sept. 20, at 9 a.m. at Soldiers Grove at the Capitol Complex.
Two former professional football players and a current player will be in attendance to coach the students through the virtual video game of financial football and speak on the importance of basic financial literacy.
During the financial football game, students from high schools in the senator’s district will answer financial literacy questions to move the virtual football down the field.
The panel discussion, which will follow opening remarks, will include the following speakers:
- Senator Chris Gebhard.
- Speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives Bryan Cutler (R-100).
- Timothy DeFoor, auditor general for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Worku Gachou, head of North America Inclusive Impact and Sustainability for Visa Inc.
- Nan J. Morrison, president and chief executive officer for the Council for Economic Education.
- Patricia Bealmear, business teacher for New Oxford High School.
- Becky Doumaux, vice president of community development for the Junior Achievement of South Central PA.
CONTACT: Matthew Urban, 717-787-5708